Turkey and Chestnut Terrine
This dish is perfect to cook at anytime of the year, especially at Christmas. This dish will make a great substitute from your traditional turkey dinner. The following recipe serves 8 people and will be great served on our LSA Dine Dinner Plate Coupe, LSA Dine Dinner Plate Rimmed, LSA Dine Charger/Serving Plate Coupe, LSA Dine Charger/Serving Plate Rimmed.
Serves 8 Preparation 25mins Cooking 2 Hours
- 225 g Turkey fillet, cut into thin strips
- 2 tbsp Brandy or Sherry
- 225 g Turkey livers, washed, dried and finely chopped
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 25g Butter
- 350 g Raw turkey pieces
- 50 g Fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 439 g Can whole chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 10-12 Streaky bacon rashers, rinded
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- A little grated nutmeg
- Mix fillet strips with brandy. Cover and marinate for 8 hours.
- Heat oven to 170C (325F/Gas 3). Saute turkey livers and onion in butter for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Process liver mixture with raw turkey, breadcrumbs, parsley and seasoning. Add nuts. Drain fillet strips and stir brandy into liver mixture.
- Line a 900g loaf tin with foil, then overlapping rashers. Put in half liver mixture, top with turkey strips, add rest of liver mixture.
- Cook in roasting tin half-filled with water for 2 hours.
- Remove from roasting tin. Cool. Put a plate and a weight on top and chill for 4 hours.