- 8 Chicken drumsticks
- 600 ml Chicken Stock
- 1/2 tsp Ground ginger
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 Cinnamon stick
- 275 g Rice, soaked
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 Bunch spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Red pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 Green pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 75 g Frozen Peas
- Heat oven to 150C (300F/Gas 2). Place chicken in flameproof casserole. Blend the hot stock with ginger, cumin, coriander and seasoning and pour over chicken. Add cinnamon stick, cover and cook for 40 minutes.
- Drain, reserving stock, and turn oven to 190C (375F/Gas 5). Transfer chicken to a roasting pan and cook for 20-30 minutes until golden.
- Meanwhile drain the rice thoroughly. Fry spring onions in oil in a frying-pan with pepper for 2-3 minutes until slightly softened. Add rice and cook for 1 minute, stirring, then add peas and 450 ml chicken stock. Cover and cook gently for 10-15 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Turn onto serving plate and arrange chicken on top. Serve immediately.