Beautiful Olive Wood by Divine Distribution
Introducing the beautiful Olive Wood range!
This beautiful olive wood has been sourced from a small workers' organisation within the heartland of Tunisia. Not only is this wood stunning, it is also hard wearing and hygienic.
5 Olive Related Facts:
- An olive is classed as a fruit, this is because it is developed from the flower of a plant.
- The average age of an olive tree is anywhere between 300 and 600 years old.
- Burning olive wood produces of 2 times the amount of heat burning regular wood does. The smoke produced from burning the wood is also harmless.
- The olive is seen as a symbol of peace.
- The ripeness of an olive determines the colour of it. If it is green , it means its unripe. If its black it means its ripe.
How To Care For Your Olive Wood
Caring for olive wood is very simple and straightforward. When looked after properly olive wood can last a very long time. By following the techniques below, you will be able to prolong the life of your olive wood items as well as maintain the natural colour of them.
You should never leave your items to soak in water or even use the dishwasher. This is because the wood can absorb the water and cause it to swell. Instead, hand wash them with hot water with a dash of soap.
Make sure you regularly use oil to oil your olive wood. Any food grade cooking oil will work, such as: coconut oil. I recommend using Olive Oil. Make sure you only use a small amount of oil.
Making An Olive Wood Bowl
Check out this amazing video by