It’s Pancake Day and you craving some delicious pancakes...but you don’t know where to start. Will you be going down the American routes being thick and fluffy, French large and exciting or stick with your traditional routes with English pancakes drizzled with golden syrup or topped off with the popular lemon and sugar.
Whatever you choice I have provided one recipe that will meet your pancake needs.
American Blueberry Pancakes
Serves 4 Preparation 25mins Cooking 25mins
For the Pancake
- 200g self raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 50g Caster Sugar
- 1 egg
- 50g melted butter
- 290ml Milk
- 125g Cottage Cheese
- 225g Blueberries
- 15g unsalted butter
- 8 rashers of streaky bacon
- 4 eggs
- A little extra butter, melted
- Maple Syrup
- Mix the flour, bicarbonate of soda and sugar
- In a separate bowl combine one egg with the 50g melted butter, milk and cottage cheese then add this to the flour mix and stir together to make a batter.
- Stir in the blueberries
- Over a medium heat, ladle some of the pancake batter into the frying pan and cook each side until golden. Repeat until you have used all the batter.
- Mean while poach the four eggs in boiling water for 3-4 minutes and grill the bacon, one poached egg and a drizzle of maple syrup.